What should be considered in the concrete batching plant design? In this article, I will elaborate on the following 3 aspects: WHAT, WHY, and HOW.
TLDR: Principles of concrete batching plant design
Here is the outline of this article.
The importance of commercial concrete
Ready-mix concrete company is the biggest user of bulk cement. The vigorous development of ready-mix concrete is the only way to develop bulk cement. Cement bulking has a significant role in saving resources and energy, reducing dust emissions, improving project quality, and protecting the ecological environment. It is an effective way to realize the clean production of cement.
Concrete is the collective name for the engineering composite material in which the aggregate is cemented into a whole by cementitious materials. The term ”concrete” usually refers to the cement concrete obtained by mixing, forming, and maintaining with cement as the cementitious material, sand and stone as the aggregate, and water (with or without additives and admixtures) in a certain ratio. It is also called common concrete, which is widely used in civil engineering.
Commercial concrete is concrete that is produced in a factory and sold as a commodity. Compared with concrete mixed on site, commercial concrete is produced by professional production companies. Most of these enterprises are equipped with advanced production equipment, accurate measurement, uniform mixing, and high quality. There is a perfect quality inspection system to ensure the quality. Construction companies can reduce the piling of construction materials on site by purchasing commercial concrete, which is conducive to environmental protection and civilized construction. Specific specifications are divided into C15, C20, C25, C30 ~ C80.
Features of commercial concrete
Because it is centralized mixing, it can strictly control the quality of raw materials and ratio online, which can ensure the quality requirements of concrete.
The mixture is required to have good workability, i.e. high fluidity, low slump loss, no water secretion, no segregation, and good pumpability.
It requires low cost and a high performance-to-price ratio.
Analysis of concrete batching plant design
The production and appearance of commercial concrete, also known as ready-mix concrete, can be said to be a “revolution” in the history of concrete development, which is a sign of the modernization and scientization of the concrete industry. The essence of commercial concrete is to separate the preparation, mixing, and transportation of concrete, the main building material, from the traditional construction system to become an independent construction material processing enterprise – a ready-mix concrete plant company.
The commercialization of concrete production can save cement and its sand and gravel materials in construction projects because of the high degree of specialization and centralization of production. It improves the quality of construction work, improves construction organization, reduces labor intensity, and lowers production costs. It also benefits human beings by saving land for construction, improving labor conditions, and reducing the environmental pollution. At the same time, the promotion of commercial concrete is also an important precursor measure to promote bulk cement and is therefore highly valued by the relevant state departments.
Centralized concrete mixing is a major change in the production method of construction projects. The number and proportion of applications of commercial concrete in a country mark the level of industrial production of concrete in that country.
Commercial concrete can generally enhance labor productivity by more than double, save 10% to 15% of cement, and reduce project costs by about 5%. At the same time, it can also ensure project quality, save construction land, reduce dust pollution and achieve civilized construction. By the 1980s, the application of commercial concrete in economically developed countries has reached 60% to 80% of the concrete.
To sum up, if a mixing plant is built, with product market positioning, it will focus on serving the construction of the new county town, and will also center on the location of the plant and radiate to the surrounding 30 kilometers, forming a strong brand effect, providing high-quality ready-mixed commercial concrete for the local and surrounding regional markets, and better serving the infrastructure construction projects, how should it be designed? What are the concrete batching plant design principles? There are the following 7 principles of concrete batching plant design, let’s analyze them together!
Principles of concrete batching plant design
1. Ensure that the design conforms to the national regulations and norms on fire protection, environmental protection, energy conservation, emission reduction, labor protection, etc.
2. Optimize the process layout plan. Use the site reasonably and economically, combine state-of-the-art with the economy, and reduce the floor space as much as possible.
3. On the premise of satisfying the process, fully combining with the local natural conditions, further optimize the design of the building structure and reduce the number of civil works in order to reduce the cost of the building project.
4. Careful design, careful construction, shortening the construction cycle, and reducing the project investment.
5. Adopt energy-saving technology and energy-saving equipment. Industrial equipment selection reaches the domestic advanced level to reduce the operating cost of enterprises and enhance the competitiveness of enterprise products in the market.
6. Adopt an advanced and reliable computerized centralized control system. Ensure reliable operation of process production, stable working conditions, energy saving, and high efficiency, and optimize control to realize the modernization of management, improve labor productivity, minimize the number of operating positions and reduce operation cost.
7. Pay attention to the environmental protection design of the production line itself. Strengthen the control of dust and noise, and promote the sustainable development of the enterprise. The project construction effectively achieves the simultaneous design, construction, and commissioning of environmental protection facilities and the main project. The emission of various pollutants can reach the national standard, and achieve clean production and civilized operation.
Also to read:
3 types of concrete batch plant layout
Skip Hoist Type Concrete Batching Plant-Why and How to Choose