Cone crusher vs jaw crusher are common crushing machines, and they are often compared by everyone, but what is the difference between them? Click on the article to read it.
What is a Cone Crusher?
Cone crusher is an advanced crushing machine with high power, large crushing ratio and high productivity. Cone crushers are widely used in mining industry, metallurgical industry, construction industry, road construction industry, chemical industry, etc., suitable for crushing hard and medium hard ores and rocks, such as iron ore, limestone, copper ore, quartz stone, granite, etc. rocks and ores.
What is a Jaw Crusher?
The jaw crusher is a crusher that consists of two jaw plates, the movable jaw and the fixed jaw, which simulate the movement of the two jaws of animals to complete the material crushing work. It is widely used in the crushing of various ores and bulk materials in mining smelting, building materials, roads, railways, water conservancy and chemical industries.
The main accessories of cone crusher vs jaw crusher?
The main accessories of cone crusher
Cone crushers are divided into spring cone crushers and hydraulic cone crushers. Hydraulic cone crushers are further divided into single-cylinder cone crushers and multi-cylinder cone crushers. The accessories are almost the same. Roughly divided into hydraulic adjustment device, cone head, rolling socket wall, ball bearing, crushing wall, moving cone, eccentric sleeve, insurance cylinder, main shaft, frame, dust cover, adjusting ring, large bevel gear and small bevel gear, etc.
The main accessories of the jaw crusher
The jaw crusher is mainly composed of frame, fixed jaw liner, suspension shaft bearing, suspension shaft, movable jaw liner, eccentric shaft, eccentric bearing, connecting rod, flywheel, thrust plate support, front and rear thrust plates, top seat, pull rod , spring, belt wheel, backing plate, side wall liner, fixed steel plate, liner these parts.
How Cone Crusher vs Jaw Crusher Works?
Working Principle of Cone Crusher
When the cone crusher is working, the motor rotates through the belt or coupling, the drive shaft of the cone crusher and the cone part of the cone crusher are forced by the eccentric sleeve to make a swing motion around a fixed point. Therefore, the crushing wall of the crushing cone is sometimes close to and sometimes away from the wall surface of the rolling socket fixed on the adjusting sleeve, so that the ore is continuously impacted, squeezed and bent in the crushing cavity to realize the crushing of the ore.
The motor drives the eccentric sleeve to rotate through the bevel gear, so that the crushing cone performs a swinging motion. The crushing cone sometimes approaches and sometimes leaves the fixed cone to complete crushing and discharging. The connection between the support sleeve and the frame is pressed tightly by a spring. When an unbreakable object such as a metal block falls into the crusher, the spring will be compressed and deformed to discharge foreign matter to prevent the machine from being damaged.
Working Principle of Jaw Crusher
When the jaw crusher is working, the moving jaw plate makes periodic reciprocating motions against the fixed jaw plate, sometimes approaching and sometimes moving away. When approaching, the material is squeezed, split, and impacted between the two jaws and crushed; when leaving, the crushed material is discharged from the discharge port by gravity.
When feeding the jaw crusher, the material is poured from the top inlet into the crushing chamber containing the jaw plate, which squeezes the material against the chamber wall and breaks it into small pieces. Supporting the movement of the jaw plate is an eccentric shaft, which runs through the frame of the fuselage, and the eccentric motion is usually produced by a flywheel fixed at both ends of the shaft.
What are the advantages of cone crusher vs jaw crusher?
Advantages of Cone Crusher
- Large crushing ratio and high production efficiency
- Less consumption of wearing parts and lower operating costs
- Laminated crushing, finished product looks good
- Hydraulic protection and hydraulic cavity clearing, high degree of automation, reducing shutdown inspection time
- Good lubricating effect, can prolong service life
- A variety of crushing cavity types, flexible application and strong adaptability
- Easy maintenance and easy operation
Advantages of Jaw Crusher
- Low noise and less dust
- The crushing ratio of the machine is large, and the product particle size is uniform
- Simple structure, reliable operation, low operating cost
- The lubrication system is safe and reliable, the parts are easy to replace, and the machine maintenance is simple
- The crushing cavity is deep and there is no working dead zone, which improves the feeding capacity and output
- Machine work energy saving
- The adjustment range of the discharge opening is large, which can meet different requirements
Cone Crusher vs Jaw Crusher Related Maintenance?
Cone Crusher Maintenance
- The bearing of the crusher bears all the load of the machine, so good lubrication has a great relationship with the life of the bearing and directly affects the service life of the machine, so the injected lubricating oil must be clean and the seal must be good
- Newly installed tires are prone to loosening and must be checked frequently
- Pay attention to whether the machine is working normally
- Pay attention to check the wear degree of wearing parts, and replace worn parts at any time
- The bottom frame plane of the movable device should remove dust and these materials to prevent the movable bearing from moving on the bottom frame when the machine encounters unbreakable materials, so as to avoid accidents
- If the bearing oil temperature rises, stop the machine immediately and check the cause before eliminating the fault
- If there is an impact sound when the rotating gear is running, stop the machine immediately to check and eliminate the fault
Jaw Crusher Maintenance
- After the crusher is in normal operation, the materials can be put into production
- The materials to be crushed should be evenly added to the crusher, and the filling or stacking of materials should be avoided to avoid overloading the machine
- During normal operation, the maximum temperature of the bearing cannot exceed 70 degrees Celsius. After exceeding this temperature, the machine must be stopped immediately, and the cause should be checked to eliminate the fault.
- Before stopping the machine, stop adding materials first, and then turn off the power after all the materials in the crushing chamber are discharged.
- When crushing, if the machine stops due to material blockage in the crushing cavity, immediately turn off the power, stop the machine, and clean up the material in the crushing cavity before starting the machine again
- After one end of the jaw plate is worn, it can be turned around and used
- After the crusher has been used for a period of time, the bushing should be fixed again to avoid damage
What is the difference between the feed and finished product of cone crusher vs jaw crusher?
The cone crusher can directly add materials without adding silos and feeders. However, jaw crushers generally used for fine crushing cannot be directly filled with materials, requiring uniform feeding, and additional silos and feeders need to be added, which will increase production costs to a certain extent.
The finished product of the cone crusher has more needle-shaped materials, but the overall size of the finished product can be controlled, and the crushed material is more controllable than the jaw crusher. Jaw crushers are generally used for primary crushing, so the finished product is less regular than that of jaw crushers, but the overall crushing effect is still very good.
How to choose cone crusher vs jaw crusher?
When the raw materials to be processed are large, it is recommended to use a jaw crusher: the jaw crusher has a large crushing inlet and is used for primary crushing of stones. Larger stones are broken into stones with a diameter of less than 100mm, so as to facilitate the production of the next crushing link. The jaw crusher has strong wear resistance and can crush larger stones very well, reducing the wear and tear of the machine.
When the raw material is small and hard, it is recommended to use a cone crusher: the cone crusher is specially designed for crushing hard materials, when the cone crusher crushes hard materials, the safety device will open to protect the machine to prevent the machine from being damaged . Therefore, when crushing such hard and small materials, it is recommended to choose a cone crusher.
This is the whole introduction of the cone crusher vs jaw crusher in this article. If you have other questions, you can continue to leave a comment in the comment area below the article. We will reply to everyone’s comments and messages one by one. At the same time, there are other excellent articles on our website, and you are welcome to continue to browse.