A horizontal cement silo, also known as a low-level cement silo or mobile cement silo, is a kind of storage supporting equipment suitable for building construction, highway, bridge, hydropower, and other construction projects, which can store and load various dry small granular materials or powders, such as cement, dry sand, chemical powder, fly ash and other materials.
This article will introduce the horizontal cement silo in detail.
Here is the outline of this article.
The main components and structure of a horizontal cement silo
The composition of a horizontal cement silo includes steel structure, ladder, guardrail, feeding pipe, dust collector, pressure safety valve, high and low-level meter, discharge valve, etc.
The horizontal cement silo is square in shape and supported by several legs at the bottom. The discharge cone is a square cone, and the silo is welded by a frame made of corrugated board and profiles, and the overall height is low.
A horizontal bulk cement tank is also called container type cement silo, which is a kind of closed tank for storing bulk materials, suitable for storing cement, fly ash and other kinds of bulk materials. The containerized cement tank is equipped with a level system on the tank, which can show the position and how much of the material. The hole-breaking device can lift the knot caused by the material deposited for too long. The horizontal bulk cement silo and screw pump can be used together to transport the materials to various locations.
Horizontal cement silo is usually used as a supporting product for concrete mixing plant. Horizontal cement silo is suitable for storing bulk cement and dry fly ash, with the characteristics of rainproof, moistureproof and easy to use. Generally there are 30t, 50t, 60t, 80t, 100t, 150t and other specifications. It can also be made according to the size required by users. It should check the horizontal cement silo dust removal equipment frequently to ensure that the dust removal equipment is clean and there should not be too much dust.
Technical parameters of horizontal cement silo
|Model||Silo body diamete||Height of vertebrae||Silo height||Leg height||Overall height|
Advantages of horizontal cement silo
Horizontal cement silo is a new type of silo that adapts to the current environmental protection situation. It has low vertical height and more legs of the silo, usually 6 or more, which can eliminate the trouble of making foundation. This is the reason for the popularity of horizontal cement silo.
Foundation-free and easy to install
Horizontal cement silo is composed of several legs, lower cone, silo body, feeding pipe, climbing ladder, safety explosion-proof valve, which is gravity dispersed and only needs to be hardened below the horizontal cement silo to place and use, eliminating the trouble of doing foundation and pre-burial, saving time and effort.
Low height and wide range of application
The horizontal cement silo discharge cone is a square cone. The silo body is a welded frame made of corrugated board and profiles, and the height of the silo body is 2.9 meters. As for the vertical cement silo, even the small tonnage of a 50-ton cement silo has a height of nearly 9 meters after installation. The overall height of the horizontal cement silo is low, which is especially suitable for placing in the plant, and the installation does not need to remove the plant roof.
No need to do external packaging, saving cost
Horizontal cement silo is welded by container board with high strength and good airtightness. Due to the low height, it is exempted from doing external encapsulation, which greatly saves the cost of use.
Disadvantages of horizontal cement silo
1. Since the horizontal cement silo is a kind of rectangular cement storage equipment, it is easy to form the situation of uneven cement height when loading cement into the silo through the feeding pipe usually.
Although the horizontal cement silo has both sides of the feeding pipe, the situation of uneven cement height still exists, so that there is no way to add monitoring equipment such as level meter to the horizontal cement silo or it will lead to the situation that the level meter is not accurate if there is level meter.
2. There are many discharge ports, but there is only one screw conveyor for conveying equipment, which is easy to cause screw blockage. In actual use, usually only 2 of the discharge ports are used.
Installation of horizontal cement silo and precautions for use
1. During the lifting process, it is strictly forbidden to stand under the cement silo, and it is necessary to wait until the lifting object is below 1m from the ground before approaching.
2. Overhead workers and site construction personnel shall wear safety belts and safety caps.
3. It is necessary to check each controller of the horizontal cement silo before starting work to see if it is good and reliable.
4. The cement silo should have an operation platform, up and down climbing ladder, and protection railing. If there is damage, it should be repaired in time to complete.
5. After stopping work, water, and stones should be poured into the mixing cylinder for 10-15 minutes, and then the object inside the silo should be clear. When cleaning, it should be noted that the electric gate must be closed and guarded by a person.
6. The regular cleaning of horizontal cement silo is unavoidable. In the cleaning process, it is prohibited to use the method of sledgehammer to clean the concrete accumulated in the bulk cement silo. You can use a chisel to clean up to prevent the cement silo from being deformed or damaged by the force of the paint.
7. Horizontal cement silo dust removal equipment related to the capacity of the cement silo, the discharge rate, and other issues, generally prone to problems is the dust collector filter element, there are broken cases must do the timely replacement.
8. When the horizontal cement silo is used for a long time, the dust inside the horizontal cement silo is easy to solidify and clump. Once the material solidifies and clumps, the arch-breaking device will be used. You should pay attention to regularly check whether the pipe of the arch-breaking device and the connected place are loose or air leakage. Regularly check whether the electrical components are flexible and work normally, and whether there is damage to the structure.
Daily maintenance of horizontal cement silo
Regular maintenance and upkeep. When some sites use cement silos, they do not maintain them, and the varnish on the exterior is no longer recognizable in color after a long period of erosion. Some users may think that this is not important. The maintenance, upkeep, cleaning, lubrication, and refueling of cement silos are all details that cannot be ignored and need to be paid attention to and must be strictly enforced.
According to the form of silo top dust collector used in cement silos, it mainly includes the following parts.
1. Filtration system: check whether the internal fabric bag of dust collector needs to be replaced (if it is with differential pressure control then look at the differential pressure table directly)
2. Check the dust cleaning system: according to different dust collectors mainly have mechanical dust cleaning mechanism and pulse dust cleaning mechanism.
3. Power system: check whether the induced draft fan is running normally, the main fan daily maintenance (some warehouse roof dust collectors are not installed with fans)
4. Equipment itself: check the sealing of the equipment (to prevent air leakage).
How to install the arch-breaking device in the horizontal cement silo?
1. Welding the arch-breaking device to the silo wall in the reserved hole in the cement silo, and checking whether it is firm after welding.
2. The exhaust pipe for installing the arch-breaking device should be arranged facing downward to prevent sewage from entering the cement silo and the drain plug should also face downward to facilitate drainage.
3. The exhaust pipe airflow resistance should be minimized during installation thus reducing energy consumption.
4. The air source should not leak from any joint parts and pipelines. The using compressed air is filtered, clean, dry and keep the pressure stable. The working pressure is 0.8 mpa. the higher the working pressure, the greater the energy and the greater the impact force formed.
When the above steps are completed, the arch-breaking device is installed. Users in the process of using the arch-breaking device, must often overhaul the arch-breaking device, so that the arch-breaking device to keep clean.
Also te read:
Cement Silo Cleaning Procedure