Have you ever seen sand with various colors in the market? Do you know what these sands are? Curious about the production of these sands? In fact, these sands are synthetic sands, which are artificially synthesized. They can not only be made into various colors, used as ornaments or toys, but also can be used as construction sand, which also has great application space in the decoration industry,Next, I will introduce this synthetic sand to you.
What is synthetic sand?
Synthetic sand is sand produced by machines, and some other substances are added to the sand, such as changing the color of the sand. Synthetic sand is also called artificial sand and machine-made sand. Compared with traditional natural sand, synthetic sand is more regular and uniform in size, which can meet the requirements of various needs. Moreover, because it is produced by machines, even if the requirements change suddenly, it is only necessary to change the combination of the machines, or the production settings of the machines, to continue producing the required sand.
What ingredients can be used to make synthetic sand?
At present, in the entire mining industry, there are many raw materials that can be used to make sand, about more than 200 kinds, among which the most commonly used are: granite, basalt, cobblestone, limestone, andesite, diabase, sandstone, quartz stone and construction Garbage, sand synthesized with different raw materials will be significantly different in strength and particle size, so there will be great differences in use. The following is the introduction of some raw materials:
- Cobblestone: It is formed by continuous extrusion and friction during the long-term impact and transportation of river water. The main component is silicon dioxide, which is a hard, wear-resistant and chemically stable mineral.
- Granite: It is an intrusive rock in an acidic magmatic rock. It has the characteristics of hard and dense texture, high strength, weather resistance, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, low water absorption, low mining cost and high product value.
- Limestone: The main component is calcium carbonate, which can be directly processed into stone or fired into quicklime. It is generally white, tasteless, and will not react in the air.
- Quartz stone: It is a new type of stone artificially synthesized by more than 90% quartz crystals plus resin and other trace elements. The color is generally milky white, or colorless and translucent, with high hardness, corrosion resistance, easy Clean these features.
How to classify the thickness of synthetic sand?
The thickness of sand is the average thickness of different particles of sand mixed together. Generally, coarse sand, medium sand and washed sand are distinguished according to the fineness modulus and particle size. Usually, the larger the fineness modulus, the coarser the sand, on the contrary, the finer the sand.
- Coarse sand: The fineness modulus is between 3.7 and 3.1, the content of gravel with particles larger than 0.5 mm exceeds 50% of the total, and the average particle size is more than 0.5 mm. Ping these occasions.
- Medium sand: The fineness modulus is between 3.0 and 2.3, the grit with particles larger than 0.35mm should account for 50% of the total weight, and the average particle size is 0.5mm to 0.35mm.
- Fine sand: with a fineness modulus of between 2.2 and 1.6, with a particle size larger than 0.25 mm exceeding 85 percent of the total weight, with an average particle size of 0.35 mm to 0.25 mm.
What is the difference between synthetic sand and natural sand?
Synthetic and natural sand yields are different
Synthetic sand is produced by professional synthetic sand machines. There are essential differences between synthetic sand and natural sand. Natural sand is generally collected from rivers, but those high-quality and easy-to-collect river areas are limited, and there will always be One day when resources are exhausted, and over-exploitation will cause great damage to water resources, ecological environment and natural landscape, so there are many restrictions on the exploitation of natural sand.
There is no limit to synthetic sand. When the output of natural sand can no longer meet the current increasing construction projects, the emergence of synthetic sand just solves this problem. demand.
Synthetic sand finished products can be changed artificially
Synthetic sand, as the name implies, is artificially synthesized sand, which is formed after crushing materials by crushers and sand making machines, and then after being screened by a screening machine. The content can be adjusted, and the quality is high, these are the advantages that the sudden sand does not have.
Synthetic sand can be produced from tailings
With the development of the economy, the demand for sand and gravel is also increasing, and now many quarries have been mining for a long time, and many quarries have produced a large amount of tailings and waste ore. And some semi-finished ores, these wastes are piled up into mountains, they occupy a lot of land and cause serious pollution. But synthetic sand can solve this problem, because synthetic sand can be produced from these wastes.
Synthetic sand has no restrictions on the use of the site
Natural sand will be limited by weather and region, but synthetic sand lacks this limitation, because synthetic sand can be produced anywhere, which reduces the regional restrictions, do not want natural sand, the sand in different regions is not the same, if you want to Using sand from different regions can only cost a lot of money to transport, and because it is artificially synthesized, it is generally produced in factories, so there is no weather restriction.
Synthetic sand and natural sand have different prices
The price of natural sand is generally higher than that of synthetic sand, so when choosing sand and gravel, unless it is a rigid requirement, the cost factor must be considered in the process of construction and production. maximum profit possible.
How is synthetic sand produced?
The main production process is: the materials are sent from the silo through the conveyor belt to the crusher evenly by the feeder for coarse crushing; the coarsely crushed stone is sent to the cone crusher or impact crusher by the conveyor belt for crushing. The finely crushed stone is formed; the finely crushed stone is sent to the vibrating screen by the conveyor belt for screening, and the stone of different specifications is screened.
What machines are used to produce synthetic sand?
The main machines used are as follows:
- Vibrating feeder: The feeder is a machine that sends the material to the crusher evenly and at a constant speed for work
- Crusher: It mainly crushes the material, and crushes the bulk material into the material that meets the requirements of the sand making machine.
- Sand making machine: It is to further crush the crushed materials to reach the required size
- Vibrating screen: It is mainly to screen whether the sand and gravel produced by the sand making mechanism meet the specified size
- Sand washing machine: It is a machine that cleans the sand made by the sand making machine, removes impurities and improves the quality
- Conveyor belt: It is the basis for the automatic operation of the whole machine, which is responsible for feeding the material into the next machine evenly and at a constant speed
What is the market prospect of synthetic sand?
Due to the increasing demand for aggregates from countries all over the world, the price of synthetic sand will continue to rise, and the prospect of the global sand and gravel market is worth looking forward to. This is mainly predicted according to the “Global Sandstone Total Report”, which also pointed out that China is the country with the largest sandstone demand in the world, accounting for almost half of the global market share.
According to the report, the reserves of natural sand in the world are constantly decreasing, and the natural mine resources in some countries will be rapidly depleted, which will cause the price of aggregates to continue to rise, so the profit of synthetic sand will be very considerable, so the whole The prospects of the industry are very good.
What to Know Before Buying Synthetic Sand or Natural Sand?
- Natural sand for everyday use, with its smooth, hard texture, is an ideal material. However, due to the large amount of raw materials produced, the overall structural composition will be more complicated, and some non-compliant ones may contain toxic substances, which require special attention.
- The price of synthetic sand and natural sand is also a factor to be considered. Under the condition that the quality is similar, choosing a lower price can reduce costs and save expenses.
- In addition, the supply stability may be different. After many years of mining, the output of natural sand is generally fixed. If the demand increases, the entire output may not be available, resulting in an increase in price. However, synthetic sand is different. Increase production at any time.
- There is also the problem of environmental pollution. If the process of making synthetic sand is not upgraded, or it is still a traditional process, then it will cause serious environmental pollution to the environment just like mining natural sand. However, if the process is upgraded, the current market It is popular to protect the environment to the greatest extent possible.
This is the introduction of synthetic sand in this article. Do you have any questions after reading this article? If you still have questions to consult, you can leave a comment below the article, we will answer your questions one by one, and you are also welcome to continue reading other articles on our website.